CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

I'm typing this in bed next to a very peaceful, handsome sleeper. A phone call woke me up half an hour ago, and I figured now is a better time to be blogging than when Jesse's awake and I can be spending time with him!

It has been such a wonderful weekend. Jesse and I woke up around 7:30 on Saturday morning, got up, made a beautiful array of a breakfast, and jumped right back in bed to enjoy the morning. We read together, watched a DVD on my laptop, and enjoyed our first home-made mimosas. Mmmm! :)

We went over to Momma B's house for dinner that night. She is all moved in now to her adorable little 1917 "Faerie" house as we call it, and wanted to have us over for a "finally moved in BBQ." What fun! I wish I had pictures of the house. I managed to leave my camera at home (I know--I know!). It is so cute. It kind of looks like the little cottage Sleeping Beauty was whisked away to with the fairies. It has some beveled glass windows that cast rainbows on the floor, beautiful wispy trees all over the yard, and a perfect little patio to have a BBQ.

Jesse's godparents, Jan and Robert, came too, and we had quite the feast! It was such a lovely time. Quite the way to initiate her new grill and patio table--let alone the cute new house!

Yesterday was Confirmation Sunday. We went to the public questioning that the 8th graders went through on Friday night, and got to see them take their first communion yesterday at church. I didn't grow up with "confirmation" being part of church life. It's a new thing to me!

We were invited to a party hosted by one of the parents yesterday after church. Their grandparents live right down the street from the church in one of the beautiful homes in that neighborhood. They had a lovely home, and it was a perfect place to host a party (I bet they do that often) :)

After the party, Jesse and I went to Walmart to pick up some things for our trip. We're just a little over a week away from setting off, and I want to make sure we have everything we need before we leave! Thankfully, our pastor offered to lend us a tent and anything else we need. Yesterday's shopping spree was mostly for non-perishable food (we're spoiling ourselves with treats that we rarely buy) and things like camping towels (we'd rather not borrow those!) It's going to be a wonderful trip!

We have nothing "planned" for today. Jesse doesn't have youth group tonight, so it's the first Monday he's spent with me all year! He hasn't canceled on any other holiday Mondays before, but after talking to all of the high schoolers, he realized that very few would actually be around. Yay for me!

We might go on a walk to the park, we might take advantage of the sales today and go shopping for summer clothes, we might do some gardening, I have no idea! There are endless possibilities. And it all starts as soon as someone wakes up :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment