CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a lovely Mother's Day. Jesse and I hosted it at our house, which was a lot of fun. We had a full house! Mom and Dad came with Kate, Laura, Papa and Ami, and Bianca came, and Jon drove up from Biola.




Bianca, Papa, Ami, and Dad







Jesse and Kate "helping" with the chips and dip in the kitchen :)






Almost everyone!






There was so much food.







Dessert table...yum! It's always been a tradition to have angel food cake with strawberries on top at special family events. This was the first one I made myself! (Strawberries were still in the fridge)








Jesse brought tears to my eyes with this beautiful arrangement. I was certainly not expecting flowers for ME on Mother's Day! (And no--we're not expecting!)








Isn't he amazing? ♥ ♥ ♥







After dinner, Mom and Papa showed us his new toy: "Pinky" the voice recognition laptop. Mom programmed it to recognize family members' voices so that Papa can "hear" us when we speak to him (/read along. It looks like subtitles on a tv). We are so excited about the possibilities!






Then Jon showed us his newest bit of acting: a contest entry commercial for Tax Slayer. You can watch it here!







Momma B and Momma Mo showing their corsages that I made for them! I wish I had taken pictures of the process. I had lot of fun making them :)







Jon spent Mother's Day night with us to avoid campus for one more day (it's been a year, but we still sympathize with wanting a break at the end of the year!) And he "earned his keep" by helping Jesse install our new ceiling fan in our bedroom. It will make this summer so much more liveable!



Here they are working on the fan...








Jon left on Monday morning after a breakfast of sausage and scrambled eggs, and in the evening, Emily came over to spend the night! She drove up because one of her friends was showing her art at Biola, so I met her at the art show and then we drove back to my place. It was funny to be on campus, because I had just seen Jon that morning, and then I was at his school! He met us in the parking lot and helped us find the art show (we were completely lost--especially since I accidentally drove through the exit instead of the entrance in the first place!)

Em spent the night with us, and then the next morning, we lounged around in PJs literally until it was time for her to leave! But we did manage to be productive: check out her Cookie Pizza!




And a little bit of no-shower friend love :)







Jesse was at work when Em and I made the piece de resistance, but he sure enjoyed it when he came home! I'll put the recipe in my blog so you can try it if you want to!

0 comments:

Post a Comment