CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh, Lovely, Busy, Windy Month of May!

May has been a very busy month! Jesse and I have had very little time to breathe as the school year comes to a close. End of the year events are popping up all over the place, and we are attending Curriculum Fairs, Achievement Awards, Fundraising Events, and all sorts of things! Up next are Confirmation ceremonies and graduations! It has been busy, but each event has been a wonderful thing, so we are blessed. Also, all of this busyness makes us even MORE excited about our anniversary trip in two weeks!

We went to the curriculum fair at church/school on Friday late afternoon. I had subbed that day, so I was tired, and the hot dogs they served outside weren't exciting to me (they never are!). It was fun to walk around the exhibits and see the work of about 80 children that I love and adore. That's one fun thing about being a regular sub at Hope--I'm getting to know all of the kids :)

I was ready to go after a little while, though, and when we got home, I crashed on the bed in Jesse's arms. Tired, hungry, and hot, I was fuzzy-brained and indecisive. After I go too long without food, I'm always that way! Jesse wooed me into a date night, however, and next thing I knew, he had chosen out clothes for me to wear and we were off!

We used a gift card to Applebee's that we had received and enjoyed full entrees (they have this great 2 for $20 deal right now!) and shared a drink. It surprised me, because I had been so tired and out of it, but a surprise date night like that was just what I needed! I love that Jesse knows me so well that sometimes he knows what's better for me than I do!

After dinner, we walked across the street to Block Buster and picked up a few movies (they were having a buy 2 for $10 deal!). After walking around for a bit, we headed home and popped in a movie as well as some popcorn and candy. What a great night!

We spent most of Saturday preparing our backyard for the C&C (college and career) Bible study BBQ that we hosted at our house on Saturday night. Here are some pictures!


Jesse and Tyler being "manly" outside with the grill :)


What a couple of hams!






The picnic table on our back patio worked perfectly! And the weather was great--a little warm, but not sweltering.








Jesse and I are so thankful for this group! When we first came to Hope, there was no
existing College and Career group. Now we have 10-15 people at the Bible Studies--what a blessing! This group is truly what makes me feel at home at Hope (besides my old lady fan club there--they are so adorable!). I'm so pleased with the way the group has developed, and what fun we have together! (As evidenced below...)

















Good friends, good times!




After church on Sunday, Jesse and I joined Hope's annual Quakes minor league baseball game outing. The tickets included an all-you-can-eat buffet beforehand.
Jesse's final count:


4 hot dogs, 1 hamburger. (eeeew!)


Smiling at the buffet :)














Ok, but the big news is, Jesse and I are leaving for our anniversary trip in two weeks! Jesse has been over the Grand Canyon a myriad of times (to visit his dad) but has never actually visited it. It was a big family thing for me growing up, and I've been three times. I think it's a crime that he hasn't been there before!

I'm so excited about taking him. I've scoured the web for trip ideas, but I'm not finished yet. Here is a rough sketch of what our trip will look like:

On June 3rd, we'll get up bright and early and drive to Utah. Zion is one of my favorite places, so we'll camp there for two nights. That will give us some time to hike a few of the trails (the Emerald Pool trail looks gorgeous! 3 waterfalls and beautiful "emerald pools"--can't wait!) and do lots of sightseeing.
From there, we will drive down to the Grand Canyon and camp 2 nights there. I want to be there for a sunset and a sunrise (who knows if we'll actually make it to the latter! We'll see!)
For our last night--our anniversary!--we've made reservations at the Firelight Bed and Breakfast I have fallen in love with this place! It looks absolutely beautiful and I am so excited!

I'm really glad that we get to do something like this. Our honeymoon last year is hard to top, so we're not trying. We're just looking forward to some awesome sightseeing and a wonderful roadtrip. It's going to be so much fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment