CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh, the days

They sure fly by! Sorry that it's been so long since my last post. September, October, and November have been pretty packed. Things really pick up near the end of the year for Jesse with the church and youth groups, and he's been busy nearly every weekend for a while now. We're looking forward to January! (That's when things are supposed to slow down).

He's been gone this weekend with the Jr. High youth group down in San Diego, and I'm expecting him back in a few hours. But before I go housecleaning crazy, I figured I should sit down and catch you up a bit.

There is a lot to catch up on!

At the end of September, our friends Kim (my college roommate) and Nathan Brauer came to visit us for the last time before they flew out to Vietnam. They'll be living and working there for the next two years, and it sure is handy that I got Kim married off to a California boy, or she might have stayed there! We had fun hanging out, playing games, eating, and laughing together. Three years of friendships and memories all bottled into the span of a weekend. It was a wonderful time!



The next weekend, Kate and Laura came to stay with us. It was the first weekend that we had both of my (or OUR, as Jesse happily calls them) sisters at our house. We had a lot of fun! Jesse picked them up on Friday while I was teaching, and then we had dinner, played Scattergories all the way through, and had a lot of fun. We bummed around the house all day on Saturday and then went to Jesse's softball game together Saturday night.
Here we are on the bleachers watching the game


and having a little fun...



I've been having a lot of fun making pies lately. Here's my first lattice-top apple pie


I made three of them and took them up to Oxnard at the end of October. It was wonderful to have a family dinner with the Mueller Clan and celebrate Papa Chuck's 84th birthday. I'm sad that I didn't get a group picture, but here are some that I do have:






Halloween was fun. We carved pumpkins the night before

and had friends over for games and food the night of. Jesse was all excited about handing out candy, and bought about 4 bags of different chocolates. He got dressed up as Indiana Jones and was all set! Sadly, though, the majority of our neighbors have reached grandparent-status, and only twice did our doorbell ring (I didn't know until later that it was the same girl twice! she brought her cousin with her the second time. haha!)

Anyway, that's kind of what we've been up to. Student teaching is going well. I've reached my halfway point, and I can't wait until January when I can start getting paid for the work I do. Doing this myself, I'm realizing that teachers are a whole lot more dedicated than I assumed before. Working full time for a semester and not getting paid, on top of having to shell out big bucks for tuition. Just doesn't make sense. Anyway, that's my rant!

This last week was my first week working in the 3rd grade class. I miss my Kindergartners! They are so sweet. They walk single-file past the 3rd grade class on their way to the cafeteria each day, and nearly topple over each other trying to wave at me as they go by. It makes my day!

One of the 3rd graders asked me if HE could call me "Mrs. Blueberry." I didn't realize my reputation would make the transfer! But Jesse has already warned me: "Blueberry" will follow me the rest of my life :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment