CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

C'est si Bon

One of my goals for this week is to finally order some wedding pictures so that we can frame a few and put them around the house (and save the other gazillion of them until I have time to scrapbook!). I spent about an hour this afternoon going through our photos and was simply mesmerized by the beauty of our wedding day. It never stops surprising me! We'll be celebrating 6 months of marriage in a few weeks, and I still can't describe how blissfully happy I am to be married.

The days just fly by! This time last year, we weren't even engaged. And a year ago in September, we were thinking we would have to wait until after my student teaching to get married. I'm so glad we didn't! Even though it would be SO much easier to start our married life when I actually had a paying job, neither of us would change things if we had a chance. Yeah, it's hard to live off of one income, but we're making it! We're hoping to be able to put everything that I earn in the future aside so that we can save it to buy our first home. I can't wait to have a job!

I actually cracked last week and went to the mall to pick up as many job applications as I could. I'm tired of not having a paying job, and since I was 15, I've never been without a steady income. Concordia doesn't want Student Teachers to be working--Student Teaching IS our job. But I figured that since I worked full time all the way through college, I could handle both. I'm not sure exactly what kept me from turning in those applications, but I'm thankful that I didn't. This part of Student Teaching is a lot more demanding than the last was. Third Grade comes with a lot more planning, and I also arrived just in time to be part of parent-teacher conferences and report cards. It will be good to learn how to do all of these things, and for now, I just have to be content with that.
January 13th is the projected last day of my student teaching. After that, it's on to filing for my credential, and substitute teaching until I can find a position.
Jesse has been so supportive--and I'm so thankful for that!

We've really been praying for families affected by all the fires in California right now. It has affected so many people that we know, and the speed and ferocity of the fire is terrifying. I'm thankful that other that a lot of smoke and ash, we have not been affected in Rosemead, and all of the fires seem to be far away from our little home.

This last Friday night was a lot of fun. The church had its annual Harvest Festival, and Jesse and I both got to take part. I helped out with a Cake Walk (I had never done one before!) and Jesse stole the show with the dunk tank! Every time I got a break from the Cake Walk, I ran out to see Jesse sitting above a tank of water waiting for someone to hit the target and send him splashing into the water below. It was the funniest thing! I sure wish I had pictures to share with you...but I forgot my camera that night.

Jesse is heading out of town this weekend for a DYG (District Youth Gathering). He is taking some high schoolers with him and should have a lot of fun. I always do my best to keep myself busy while he is gone, and this time, one of my friends is coming over Friday night to keep me company, and then on Saturday, I'm going with my family to see my brother Jon star as "John" in Biola's production of Peter Pan. Then my two sisters are coming home with me to help decorate for Thanksgiving and have some good "sister time."

Sometimes, I hear from friends who have moved off to new places (such as New Zealand, Vietnam, and Texas) and think of how much fun it would be to embark on an adventure like that. And then I realize how wonderful it is to be so close to all of our family and friends--what a blessing! Our life right here is our own little adventure :)

Just because I'm reminiscing...

0 comments:

Post a Comment