CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"She gets up while it is still dark"

If I didn't already know that Proverbs 31 is not a checklist for women to follow to be the "perfect wife," but rather a beautiful representation of Christ's love and diligent care for the Church, I would be jumping up and down right now pleased that at least I was getting verse 15 right!
Being a teacher (even a student teacher!) means you have to be at school by 7am. And to be at school by 7am...lets just say it's not pretty. I would love to say that I am a morning person (and really, I think I could be...if it weren't pitch black when my alarm goes off!) but 5:15 is a cruel and unusual time to be alert.

I am continually blessed by the fact that Jesse has gotten up with me every morning and made breakfast for me while I get ready so that we can sit together and enjoy our little bit of morning together. He's taken my spot on the porch now and waves while I'm the one driving away in the car. He even takes care of watering my flowers on the days I forget! Which...I think has been 7 of the 7 days I've been student teaching so far...

Yesterday marked 100 days of our marriage. While talking about it last night, we realized how much our love has changed--deepened--since the day we were married. I thought back when we were dating that I couldn't love him any more than I already did without making my heart burst with the greatness of it all. But being able to spend so much time together this summer--from a beautiful honeymoon in Cancun Paradise, to days where we were working from morning to night on our home, to evenings where "privacy hours" or "curfew" no longer exist--makes me realize how much more wonderful our relationship is now. Although we are still definitely ourselves (with our own loveable quirks and uniqueness) we are growing so close together. We truly are a team, and that makes me so happy to realize.

If that's how much things have changed in only a little over three months, then the rest of life is looking up!

2 comments:

Lea said...

Congrats you two. If you don't remember I'm Lea, a friend and fellow CSI of Bianca's. I'm sorry Edgar and I missed the wedding but thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I feel like I had a front row seat. Be blessed and enjoy each other.

Anonymous said...

So, I check your blog quite frequently for new updates (you guys should feel quite loved... I have about 5 blogs that I check regularly and yours is one of them!)

Anyways, I figured that I should actually leave a comment and say hello!

I hope you guys are doing well (it sounds like you are), and Bethany, I hope the getting up while it's still dark is still going well for you! :) My room is so shaded that it's dark even at noon... I finally bought an appliance/light timer to wake ME up in the morning, lol.

Love you lots!
Kelly

Post a Comment