CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anniversary Trip Day Three: The Mystery Spot and San Francisco

Here we go...finally, day 3!

We began our third day with breakfast at Denny's and then a trip to The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz. 
Jesse questioning the mystery

They're really big about bumper stickers around here!


Our guide

I think this amused me a lot more than it did Jesse!
Still, it's really funny to do a pull-up and end up diagonal.


One of our favorite things about the Mystery Spot was how the little kids would roll across the floor.  They just kind of gave up on standing up straight and decided to have fun with it.  There were several times I almost got knocked over by someone rolling into my legs! 


After a drive up to San Francisco, we did something Jesse has been wanting to do for years: go to The Stinking Rose.  He's been telling me about this place since we first started dating!  Jesse went there when he was little with his mom, Aunt Leanne, and Uncle Tom.  It's a restaurant filled with garlic!  Absolutely brilliant.  We had such a good time!




After our amazing dinner, we drove down to Pier 39 and walked around the shops.


Look!  Baby seal!  It's hard to see, but it was super cute :-)


"Happy 30th Anniversary, Sea Lions!"

My handsome man

From there, we walked to Ghirardelli Square

San Francisco has always been special to me, because it's where my Granny, Papa Don's mom, was born and raised.  She lived through the Great 1906 Earthquake, and always had so many stories to share!  She was born in 1900, lived until she was 98 years old, and had an incredible memory.  I wish I remembered more of her stories, but I love hearing about them from Mom, or Papa Don, or Gramma.

Granny grew up as a friend of the Ghirardelli family.  She told stories about how Mr. Ghirardelli would hold her hand and walk her to his chocolate shop, put her on a stool and hand her a chocolate sundae. 

I smiled and thought of Granny as a little girl when I saw this hanging in the Ghirardelli Chocolate Shop:

Jesse and I have some good history there, too!

Look at this picture of us from January 2007 when we went to San Francisco with our orchestra on tour:

It's so funny to think back to that time.  We had only been dating for a month...and I had already set up a savings account for my wedding dress!!!  It wasn't hard to know that he was the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life ♥

We've grown up just a bit since then, haven't we?

Everything at the shop is pretty expensive, so we decided to share a triple berry sundae.  Oh my gosh!  It was soo good.  Strawberries, raspberries, and lingon berries, cheesecake, chocolate syrrup, chocolate-dipped waffle cone, and chocolate-covered blueberries.  WOW!

When we went to pick it up from the window, the nice guy behind the counter said, "Hey, do you guys want an extra chocolate shake?  Someone ordered it and then changed his mind.  You can have it!"
Jesse's eyes lit up :-)  So here we are, enjoying two amazing treats for the price of one!


We went out to the park to sit on the lawn and watch the sunset.  It had a perfect view from all around.



It was the perfect place to watch a beautiful sunset

and to give Jesse a chance to do his "Dancing Matt" impression


and a little bit of shenanigans...

lol...life with Jesse is never dull!


Nope, never dull.  Just...wonderful.

♥  ♥  ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment