CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anniversary Trip Day Four: The Sights of San Fran

After church on Sunday, Jesse and I did the 49-mile Scenic Drive of San Francisco.  It was good to do once, and to remember that driving around the crazy streets of San Fransisco is not my cup of tea!  My tummy and I were very happy to get out of the car and see things on foot instead :-)

I can't read maps in the car without getting sick, so Jesse was our fearless leader!


Some of the sights of San Francisco




Lombard Street is waaaaaaaaaaaay up there


Good Ol' Alcatraz


Pretty Golden Gate


Happy couple


I liked the lighthouse
(I also like being able to wear hoodies in the summer!!!)


Lunch at Boudin's Sourdough Bakery (yum!)


At the top of Lombard Street







Check out the view!



We ended our night with another trip to Ghirardelli Square for a chocolate sundae and another opportunity to watch the sun set behind the Golden Gate Bridge
(this picture cracks me up because we forgot to ask that they not put chopped nuts on the sundae since Jesse is allergic.  Oops!  Oh well, here is a picture of  Jesse trying to blow them all off!)



On our drive back to our hotel, I was determined to get a picture of the Bay Bridge all lit up at night.  It's kind of hard to get a good picture from a moving car, though!


Here is attempt #1...

...which was much more successful than attempt #2...

But check out how perfectly I centered that palm tree!!!
That takes TALENT from a moving vehicle, let me tell you ;-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment