CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

5:37am. Saturday.

The one day I could sleep in past 5 this week definitely didn't happen that way.  Jesse and I are still house sitting for our friends, and something got into the dogs last night.  I never got past a doze last night, because I kept being awakened by the dogs at the foot of our bed.  Usually, they're really good through the night, and I have no idea why they were so noisy last night. 

By 5:30, I'd had it.  I climbed out of bed and struggled in the darkness to find the latches on their little dog kennels and let them out.  Jesse woke up to the sound of their freedom barks, and he offered to take them outside (those adorable little fluff balls pee--or worse, leave us gifts-- everywhere if they aren't taken straight outside).  I was thankful for his offer and headed into the bathroom.  "Don't forget to turn off the alarm," I said over my shoulder.  "Ok," He said groggily, as he followed the dogs out of the room.

20 seconds later, I nearly fell off the seat when I heard the shrill siren-like alarm blaring to the whole neighborhood.  I heard Jesse run from the backyard and hastily punch in the code, then go back outside with the dogs.

As I climbed back in bed, the phone rang.  It was the security company calling to make sure everything was ok.  I told them who I was, and that we were house-sitting for our friends.  That my husband had gone outside without disengaging the alarm.  As I'm saying all of this, I hear a groggy voice coming from the phonein the kitchen.  "Hullow?  H-hullow?"
"Jesse, I've got it!"

Crisis averted, my handsome, tired man climbed back in bed and promptly passed out.  The dogs settled down and went back to sleep.  And two hours later, I'm still staring at the ceiling. 

We're not allowed to have any pets at the house we're renting, but Jesse is very much looking forward to having dogs some day.  Things like this are definitely hurting his chances.   :-P

2 comments:

Stacey said...

no!! don't be down on dogs!! get a nice former guide dog pup and you won't have any of these problems. :)

Candace Ott said...

haha, awww... I know those kinds of mornings. Thankfully our dog became an outdoor dog later, and we haven't had to wake up to her howling in the kennel. :-)

I've learned two key things when it comes my time to have my own dog: 1.) rescue a dog from the pound, they are more likely to behave well, because they only want love - plus there's no puppy chewing. 2.) Have an outdoor dog, and then they can relieve themselves on their own. lol.

Although puppies are sooo cute... it's hard to say no. ;-)

Post a Comment