CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So Happy

This week marks a huge turn around in Jesse and my life together: Jesse has moved his schedule around so that he will be home more nights in the week!

All that we've known since we've been married is that Jesse is never home before 9pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, and of course, busy with church  and school events on most Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays.  We haven't known what it's like to have more than one sit-down dinner at home a week, or what it's like to have hours to look forward to spending with each other before falling asleep.

At the beginning of March, Jesse moved his schedule around so that instead of meeting on Monday nights, the high school youth group now meets on Sundays before the evening service, and instead of meeting on Tuesday nights, the college/career group now meets on Wednesdays right after the jr. high youth group.  That takes 3 groups that were originally each given their own night, and condenses it down to one night a week and being at church allllllllllllll day on Sundays.  (Not even kidding.  Our Sunday now goes from 8am-8pm, and since we live 30 minutes from church, it doesn't make sense to go back and forth in one day).

Since I was so sick last week, we didn't really get a taste of how wonderful this change is until this week.  It's so exciting!

I can still count on one hand the number of Monday evenings Jesse and I have spent together since we've been at Hope.  Since Monday was his high school youth group night, he was with them every week--holidays included.  Having him all to myself on a Monday is something entirely new!

To celebrate, we went to the Staples Center to see a Clippers game.  Jesse found some really great tickets for seats right on the floor.  He was so excited!  And that was my first NBA game, so I was excited, too :)
We invited our friends Jon and Mary, and even tried a new Italian restaurant before the game.  It was a great night!

Last night, we had a barbeque at home.  I figured it's the only way to deal with an 85 degree day in the middle of MARCH!  Anticipating our yummy feast, Jesse had marinated the steak the night before, and it was the juciest, yummiest steak I think we've ever done!  We also enjoyed roasted corn on the cob and buttermilk rolls. 

The whole night just felt like a celebration.  I'm so happy that Jesse was able to move things around to make more time for us.  I know it means that Sundays are more busy, but to have Jesse at home two more nights a week is amazing.  I'm excited just thinking about the things we will be able to do together now.  God is good!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaayyy!!! I know how great that must be - mainly because my schedule is a lot like Jesse's used to be. Maybe I'll take a leaf out of your book! Love you guys!

-Xandi

Post a Comment