CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our Day at Universal Studios

Universal Studios have the coolest deal going on right now!  For the month of March, all teachers and school employees can get in for free.  A good friend passed that tidbit on to us, and since neither of us has been there in the last 5 years, Jesse and I decided to use our free day last week to take advantage of the deal!

Here we are loving that we both have school IDs!


Jesse gets one as a DCE (he works at both the church and school), and I've been subbing at the same school all year, so I have one, too.  Let me tell you, teacher IDs have PERKS!



Happy just to be together :)

We had an absolutely wonderful day!  The weather was just perfect--not too hot, and just right for breezy summer clothes.  Let me tell you, I was only too happy to unearth my flip flops for such an occasion!

We figured that since we got in for free, the day was a gift, and we didn't have to worry about long lines or not getting all the rides in.  We simply enjoyed holding hands and relishing every moment together since we knew Jesse would be leaving for the week in a few days (he's currently at a camp with the 6th grade class at Hope--just like last year).

God was good, though!  We were never in a line for more than 15 minutes (except for when the brand new Simpson's ride broke twice, so we got out of line and came back later!)  We were able to fit in everything we wanted for the day.

Especially things like churros that make Jesse a very happy guy



Well, ok...churros can make two people very happy!


Here we are after Jurassic Park


I survived the 84 foot drop!  
(I haaaaaate drops)



Conscious oblivion... :-)

One of our favorite things about the day was the Animal Actors show they have.  This picture is for Laura: it's Kevin from The Proposal!  Actually, she is Nanu, and is super adorable--even though she isn't the tiny little cottonball from the movie :)

Also, this little orangutan was a real cutie :)



We also enjoyed the tram ride around the backlots.  That seriously is the coolest thing!


I'm pretty sure the best part of Jesse's day was finding out that there is a Hard Rock Cafe on the Studio Walk.  He was so excited!  Jesse loves Hard Rock and has been collecting shirts from every one that he visits.  He's got a pretty impressive collection, too, since he has one from Hong Kong that he got when he was on handbell tour freshman (I think) year, and one from Canada from the junior year tour (I think).   Now he's looking forward to picking one up in New Orleans this summer!

Anyway, here we are!  



It was my first time going to a Hard Rock


Following tradition, Jesse got a new Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood shirt, and I got to join in on the fun with a Hard Rock hat.  I don't have a picture of the two of us sporting our new apparel, but I will soon!

You can't really beat getting into Universal Studios for free and spending the day with your love!



0 comments:

Post a Comment