CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Time Flies

I know the saying goes "time flies when you're having fun," but it seems to fly pretty well enough when you're sick, too!

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. I finished student teaching on January 16th, but spent the majority of that week sick (teaching with no voice is not fun!) and passed it on to Jesse too. We've both been pretty under the weather ever since.

In the past week, we've both made trips to the doctor to try to find out what's going on. I had very swollen lymph nodes around my neck, a terrible cold, and Jesse and I both have sinus infections. We're on the meds now, so hopefully will be on the mend soon :)

I got frustrated yesterday about being sick for nearly three weeks now, and complained that I had been hoping to use this time when I don't have a job to get a lot of things done around the house. Jesse agreed with me that of course it's not fun to be sick, but also reminded me to be thankful for having this time to allow myself to be sick--instead of trying to keep going while I'm feeling this way.

It's a wonderful feeling to be free from student teaching. I loved the experience and the opportunity to learn, but it's so exciting to realize that from now on, whenever I work as a teacher, I'll get paid for it! After four months of full time teaching with no pay, this is an exhilaratingly wonderful feeling!

It's been a long four months. It took a lot for me to be able to let go of being self-supported (I've worked full time since I was 17) and to trust that God would get us through on Jesse's earnings. I've learned a lot about trust lately, and a lot about letting go! I'm so thankful to have Jesse as a husband and know that I can trust in him to provide for me. God does an amazing job of that for both of us, too!

Since I am without a job right now, I will be working very hard in the next few weeks to find positions as a substitute teacher. It's not the most thrilling idea to me, but that's pretty much all that's available this far into the year. I have sent my resume to a couple of private schools, but will also be making trips to different public school districts to get my name on their lists too.

Anyway, please pray that positions will open up for me! Also, please pray that whatever big, bad sickies Jesse and I have will go away soon!

1 comments:

Jeannine said...

Oh I will pray so hard for you and Jesse. There is a spiritual reason for everything that happens in life....God works in strange and mysterious ways...His wonders to behold...After the rain comes the sunshine! And by golly there is plenty of that in California. lol....I think I prayed for you before when your lymph nods were swelled and you got better fast! God knows when one of His children loves Him...I'm asking Him now to make you and Jesse better very quickly! A good position jobwise is coming your way soon! Love you, Gramma J.

Post a Comment