CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

time to enjoy

My last day of work was last Friday, so I got to enjoy Jesse's day off (Mondays) with him this week! Instead of taking advantage of another day we could spend doing housework, we decided to do something randomly touristy and go to the Los Angeles Zoo. I don't think I've been there since my sister Laura's 7th birthday.
It was a very warm day, and I went through all of the water I'd pack way too quickly, but we had a wonderful time. I took a series of pictures of Jesse imitating the various animals we saw, and that humored me immensely :)






It's wonderful to be able to enjoy times like these. Not to be dramatic or anything, but I feel like we're just about to dive into another realm: student teaching! Right now, all I'm waiting for is a phone call to let me know they've found a place for me and that I'm beginning in a few days. I don't know what life is going to be like when I start my student teaching. I just know that I'm going to be crazy busy, my day off will be different from Jesse's, and life just isn't going to be as simple. I'm going to miss being able to spend half an hour waking up in the morning just because I can, having leisurely breakfasts with Jesse before I either get in the car with him to go to work or stand on the threshold and wave til he's out of sight.

I just pray that as busy as I'll be, my focus won't shift and make me too busy to be a good wife. God has blessed us so much in the love that He has given to us to share...as long as we keep that in focus, how can anything go wrong?

0 comments:

Post a Comment