CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11, 2008

coming along... :)


From all of our work on this house, Jesse and I are learning patience, hard work, and the feeling of victory. Things come along a lot slower than we expect them to (like how I thought the blinds would all be up and everything by this time last week) but it's good practice for us to learn to be patient!
We finally got the blinds up today--sheer victory! It made the room (in my opinion...Jesse's differs slightly) about 20 degrees cooler inside (believe whom you may...). I'm so happy to have them up! Keeping that room cooler will be so much more merciful to both of my harps. They haven't quite forgiven me for bringing them to this unbearable climate.
While we were outside today, we met some of our neighbors! 5 year old Shauna popped out of her house across the street to show us the little puppy, Morgan, that her family is babysitting this week. Her mom came outside too, exclaiming how wonderful it was to meet us because we're "never home!" Adriana, the mom, is sooo sweet, and I like her a lot. It turns out she is a kindergarten teacher! She offered to help me with whatever I need, and also said that anytime we feel in over our heads about home maintenance, to give her husband a holler and he'll come over and help us out. (That's nice to know, because our silly drill gave us so much trouble today just figuring out how to get the drill bit in there that the whole thing almost had to be postponed! Why don't tool manufacturers include INSTRUCTIONS???)
Little bit by little bit, this adorable old handful of a house is coming along, and it's so encouraging just to see our progress! (before/after pictures still to come!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment