CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our 4th of July Weekend

Long overdue, but here it is!
My computer has been on the fritz, and I just haven't felt like dealing with it lately. Loading pictures seems to be the main problem causer, so until I get a new computer (I'm thinking Black Friday deals? This will be a lesson on patience for me!) we'll see how the blog comes along.

Anyway, we had a wonderful weekend around the 4th! On Friday the 3rd, Jesse and I drove down to San Diego to visit our friends Kelly and Jesse. They became engaged a few weeks ago, so we went down to celebrate with them. We spent the afternoon enjoying the sights of El Cajon, complete with a trip to Mt. Helix. I had been there years ago with the Dinwiddies (when they first moved to San Diego) but haven't been back since, and Jesse had no idea what it was.

Here we are near the cross!






Mt. Helix has a beautiful view of San Diego, and on a clear day, you can see all the way to Mexico!


Our next friends to be married!



Isn't the sky just beautiful?





We had fun dining at a great mexican restaurant, and then did dessert the "El Cajonian way" by going to the Yogurt Mill. We took the yogurt back to Kelly's apartment and played several rounds of Sorry! before crashing for the night.

Kelly and Jesse made my Jesse's year by asking him to be a groomsman in their wedding. They also asked me to play the harp for the ceremony. We are both excited to be involved!

The next morning, Jesse and I joined Kelly and Jesse for a hearty breakfast at a cute diner nearby, and then headed for Ocean Beach, San Diego to visit Emily and see her new home. She bought her very first, very beautiful condo that is about a mile from the beach and has ocean views. It is so perfect for her!

We got over there early on Saturday so that we could hang out with Em and meet her new boyfriend before the rest of the family came over. We walked to the beach together, did some last minute errands, and got things ready for the family party.

July 4th is also Emily's birthday, so it was a double celebration. We had a great time playing games and hanging out when the rest of the Dinwiddies arrived, and had spectacular views of fireworks from Emily's balcony. It's really the perfect spot to watch fireworks--we could see at least 8 shows going on simultaneously, including Sea World's, Lego Land's, Ocean Beach Pier, two colleges, and more. It was awesome.


Here's a pic of Em modeling the apron I made for her birthday. It wasn't even what I was intending to make for her, but when I saw American flag-printed cow material, I KNEW I had to make something out of it for her! And now she has her very own kitchen to dance around in :)


I didn't think to pull out my camera until around 11pm, which is why we all look tired.


Going on 18 years of friendship!


The die-hard partiers (the only ones left by the time I remembered to take pictures!)


All in all, it was a very exciting weekend. Getting to celebrate an engagement, a birthday, a new house, Independence Day, and meet a new boyfriend is certainly enough to pack into two days! But we had a blast, and it was wonderful to spend time with such special friends.

God is good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment