CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Celebrating Six Months!

December is a busy month with lots of special dates to celebrate for us. We have December 16th, the day Jesse asked me to date him 2 years ago (how crazy is that? only two years!); our first kiss on December 17th (tmi?); December 24th, the day Jesse proposed last year; and since we were married on June 8th, December 8th is our "6 Monthiversary."

We celebrated our six months of marriage on the 8th. It was a Monday, so I had time to get home from teaching and set up the house before Jesse came home from leading youth group. I pulled our round table to the center of the den, set it with our wedding Lenox (I was corrected by my Ami last time I called it our china. "If you're lucky enough to have Lenox, you call it Lenox," she told me.) I also put out the champagne from our wedding and our beautiful cake top that our friend Nicolene made for us (I know that's technically supposed to be a One Year sort of thing, but we need the freezer room, and I'm hoping to take Jesse to the Grand Canyon to celebrate one year).



Jesse came home to a stereo playing music from our wedding reception, a fire in the fireplace, and a wife pulling a new dish out of the oven. It's so wonderful to be married!


Jesse with our champagne


Our beautiful wedding cake! Too pretty to eat...almost ;-)


Life is wonderful...God is wonderful...Here's to the rest of our lives!

2 comments:

Paris said...

What a beautiful cake top, did you really eat it? I don't know if I could take a knife to that! Congratulations and Merry Christmas! :)

Bethany said...

lol, we did!
We took all of the flowers off the top first, though, set them on a plate, and put them back in the freezer. Now whenever I feel reminiscent, I just go back to the freezer and eat one of them. The flowers are all on sticks, so it's like a lollipop. White chocolate--yummy!

Post a Comment