CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Jr. High DYG

My very first DYG (and Jesse's 8th or something like that!) was this last weekend.

For those of you who don't know what a DYG is, don't feel bad. I didn't either, until I met Jesse! DYG is the Lutheran Missouri Synod's "District Youth Gathering" that happens once a year (well, twice: one for Jr. High, one for Sr. High)

Jesse was on the planning committee for this year's DYG, so he had to leave a day earlier than I did. (You can read about how sweet and amazing he is right here )
This year's Jr. High DYG was held at the Hilton in Costa Mesa (not sure whose bright idea it was to bring 250 10-14 year olds to an airport hotel!) They had fun activities for us, an awesome band, a service event, a great speaker, and lots of down time for the kids to go crazy :)
My camera died 2 hours into our time there, so these are the only pictures I have right now. Hopefully, I can steal some from others to share!


Jesse playing some indoor/on the floor volleyball with our group


Some of our girls decorating a sign for Hope Lutheran (represent!)



Everyone was given some of these crazy slat shades...



Matt definitely rocked them the best!

Jr. High girls are all crazy about Justin Bieber right now.  They found Sharpie pens and wrote "I ♥ J.B." on their shades.  I teased them that they weren't allowed to be in love with my husband!



I think this weekend did a pretty good job of wearing us all out!

But we had lots of fun, and I've already heard the kids talking about going back next year :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment